Friday, April 3, 2009

Visit to the E.R.


Last night was no fun. We were on our way to Phoenix when on the way there, I had a breathing attack. I had trouble breathing and chest pain. It was horrible. My husband stopped at the E.R. and I checked in. I hate hospitals. I get weak. I don't like them. What a baby I am! When it was time to put the IV on me (never had this before) I freaked out. Yes, I am terrified of needles. I get so scared I faint. If you didn't know this, now you know! I almost fainted but I was ok. After an hour, I had a herical (spiral) CT scan of my chest to look for blood clots in the lungs. Thank GOD I have no blood clots but I was diagnosed with PLEURISY.

Pleurisy is a swelling or irritation of the lining of the chest cavity and lungs. Pleurisy causes sharp chest pain that is worse when breathing in. I googled "pleurisy" last night to learn more about it, and its a little scary. They couldn't tell me why I had it and that makes me a little uncomfortable. I need to take an anti-inflammatory for several days and hopefully it will make it better. If it doesn't, I will need to go check in again. I've been so healthy all my life and now this. I know I will get better. There is just so much going on, all I want to do is relax for a bit.

Thank you so much for your prayers.

3 comments:

John & Lisa said...

Glad to hear that you are OK. Take care of yourself.

xo
lisa

Mitten from Smitten said...

Holy crap PLEURISY?! How in the world does one contract that? I didn't even know that it existed anymore.

I have been sick for almost 3 months with asthma induced coughing that sounds very similar to what you are experiencing but minus the chest pains. They have me on prednisone which is an anti-inflammatory which seems to be helping finally after over a week on it.

Good luck I hope that you are feeling better really soon.

The Scott Family said...

You poor thing! Glad to hear you are ok!
Kristie