Friday, July 11, 2008

Personalized Wood Blocks

Arent these cute??? A couple days ago, I was sitting in my craft room thinking of what to do next. I just love coming up with new ideas. I've made mixed media collages, scrapbook pages, canvas art, drawings, luggage tags, frames, pencil holders, woodburning boxes, decoupaged cigar boxes and much more!
I love to do personalized, custom work and made this personalized wooden block! I received a message from a woman who just had her third baby girl in May! She loved the Ashley design, but wanted to see if I could put all of the baby births information! Of course I did, and it turned out beautiful! I loved it!
Here is the custom block they ordered! I can just imagine how beautiful it will look in the baby's room! I think green and pink are the perfect colors to decorate a baby's room(a girls room of course)! I keep telling my sister to decorate the room with these colors, but she still has no idea of what to do!
All the letters are stamped with acrylic paint. I stamp the information on transparency and it makes it a little harder to stamp on. But I love the results! Its not perfect, you can tell its handmade but thats exactly what I love about it! I hope they like their custom block!




No comments: